The Development Fund focuses on the development stage of a project. This stage involves idea generation, production design, market research, and market analysis.
Technically, development stage is defined as the planning phase of a project, and includes development of the idea into working script, research and development of the concept, business plans, and preparation of documents which are investor-friendly.
Applicants with new projects, Intelectual Properties, and ideas within the Eligible Project Categories (including projects from the Intellectual Property Creators Challenge (IPCC) are encouraged to apply for funding under this fund.
- The applicant is a company incorporated in Malaysia.
- More than Fifty Per Cent (50%) of the legal and beneficial ownership of the applicant is
- The applicant is not the subject of a winding up order.
- Where the applicant has received funding from MDEC and/or any other ministries or
- all such fund have been fully utilised; and
- all projects thereunder have been completed i.e. all milestones have been delivered to the satisfaction of the provider of such funding as duly acknowledged and certified by the provider of such funding.
- The applicant fulfils at least One (1) of the following:
- the Applicant has a minimum of Two (2) years track record in the conceptual development of creative works whether as an outsourced service provider or in creation of original works; or
- where the Applicant has been in operation for less than Two (2) years, the Applicant must have a minimum of Two (2) staff [whereby at least One (1) of the staff has at least Three (3) years track record of delivering projects (whether as an outsourced service provider or in the creation of original works)] in its employment.
SCOPE OF PROJECTS